Saturday, August 15, 2009

Distraction, Digression, Deviation, Disruption...

Distractions can be bad... or they can be good... depends upon your outlook. I got onto my laptop to work on my assignment for school (quite a large assignment that will take me a few hours to do) and got distracted as I was doing research. I started looking up my subjects and other things caught my eye and I started surfing the web... more and more, I got further away from my subject... I now have about twenty-eight tabs open in my window, I don't even see the one for my class anymore because it was the first one opened.

Distracted!

Total Disruption of my goal... it's now dinner time, I haven't eaten all day and my schoolwork still isn't done! And now I'm here on my blog talking about it! But I had a thought and just needed to voice it. Hence why I started this blog in the first place, but I digress..... (pun intended)

Frosty Morning WebImage by foxypar4 via Flickr


So, was it a bad thing that I got distracted?

Well, as I traveled accross the internet's intricately weaved web,

Server CablingImage by A3sthetix via Flickr

I came across a really interesting picture on diviantArt.com where one of the Diviant's took an HDR photo.

It was beautiful! Morbid... yes, but beautiful.

http://madame-boudoir.deviantart.com/art/Alone-112723917

But WTF is HDR??

So, I surfed some more and found a tutorial on how to fake an HDR photo, where it was explained what an HDR photo actually is. It's when you take multiple photos of the same subject (and in her case, this was a little girl... imagine a little girl holding completely still for this!) and superimposing them on top of each other to get an impossibly high definition photo. It's actually quite amazing and stunning, when done properly.

http://www.deke.com/content/faking-hdr-portrait

So, I began practicing on some of my own photography.

Still Distracted!

I was utterly amazed at what I was able to do. I had some noteworthy photos of my own that I took of some "nature" a while back. A large snail was one of them and I was very happy with the original photo. It came out very nice and the color was bright, but apparently, I was wrong. After applying his technique, the details came out so strongly... so vibrantly... I was totally blown away!




Another photo, a potrait, was taken for the purposes of work... it came out amazingly good and I will be showing my boss on Monday. He was already impressed with my photography skills. Wait 'til he sees what I can do now!

In the meantime, I still haven't finished my schoolwork... it's now 6pm... I still haven't eaten anything at all today... and all I've accomplished today is (a load of laundry and some dishes when first woke up at 8:30am this morning and...) surfing the web.

So... Was the distraction good or bad?

I leave it to you to decide.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment