Sunday, June 13, 2010

Gone Surfin'

Ya know, it's quite interesting, the things you can come across on the internet while surfing around.  When I started on computers they were nothing but DOS programs... little green dots of binary code on a black screen.  (I thought they were just a fad... silly me!)  That was twenty-five-ish years ago that I first touched one.  About ten years ago, I actually got a laptop (my first computer) and learned how they worked and really got into the whole thing.... including how to build my own!  But "surfing" wasn't my objective.  I didn't know how to "surf" the web... it just didn't make sense to me.  If I wanted to know something, I just looked it up.  Why would I randomly click on anything?!

Ahhh, but there's a whole world out there that most people never see (nor would they probably care to, but that's another story) and wouldn't see if they didn't surf around the net.  ("Surf around the net"??  Now a few decades ago, that would have brought up a much different image in my mind than it does now!)

Anywhooo....

So, I'm trying to get caught up with my Facebook crap... er.... stuff.... friends... farmville.... whatever.... and come across a comment from an old friend.  He has a link, so I click on it.  It takes me to his blog and I read.  It's actually interesting and he has some other links that I click on and before you know it, I've found a whole mindless menagerie of things that I had no idea were out there.  Some people have nothing better to do than put these things together... and then again... maybe they do, but are avoiding them.  Not sure what the reason is for some of the things I find, but they are, at the very least, mildly interesting... others are "bookmark" worthy IMHO.

I dare to share them here....

A twist on Smells Like Teen Spirit

Perpetual Motion Found!

Light Switch

Infinite Fun

Human Slinky
(The kid in the orange shirt is amazing!)

Cool Flash
(click on the little white spots on the mushroom in the bottom right hand corner)

Where the Hell is Matt?
(I came across this a while back and just remembered it while I was typing this blog.  It's quite interesting if you check out his story and how he got started on this journey.  Don't forget to watch the video!)

Enjoy!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment